Latvian Medical Association (LMA) issues certificates of current professional status and good standing. This includes the relevant information on general education, specialisation, registration and good reputation.
The LMA also issues Certificates of good standing in case the recipient country (within the EU, EEA or outside them) requires only information on the doctor’s/dentist’s reputation.
Required documents for issuing a Certificate of current professional status and good Standing.
The following documents should be submitted:
- A filled application form;
- A copy of passport/ID card;
- A copy of a MD’s/dentist’s certificate;
- A copy of documents certifying postgraduate education (residency or internship diploma, references from the workplace on the length of service as a trainee doctor, certificates on courses attended etc.);
- A copy of a specialist’s/dentist’s/dental specialist’s certificate;
- A copy of a medical professional’s registration card issued by Health Inspectorate (Klijānu iela 7);
- An original certificate of criminal and administrative records issued by the Information Centre of the Ministry of Interior* (Bruņinieku iela 72b or via latvija.lv);
*Valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
- A copy of a document certifying the change of name or surname if any of the documents submitted was issued prior to the change;
- An original reference from the workplace on service in one’s specialty during the past 5 years if one of the education certificates is issued prior to May 1, 2004;
Application and all documents should be kindly submitted to the secretariat of the Latvian Medical Association in Skolas iela 3 (working days from 9:00 to 17:00) or certified copies of your original documents should be sent by regular post.
All certificates are issued within two weeks after receiving the complete documents.
The LMA issues certificates in the Latvian and English (for additional fee) languages.
Payment for certificates (Certificate of current professional status and good standing):
1) Certificate for recognition of doctor’s/dentist’s professional qualifications abroad and good standing without proof of approval of their professional experience (graduated after 1st of May, 2004) - 45,67 EUR
2) Certificate for recognition of doctor’s/dentist’s professional qualifications abroad and good standing with proof of approval of their professional experience (graduated before1st of May, 2004) - 83,26 EUR
1) Certificate in English - 14,50 EUR
2) Additional copies (in English or Latvian language) - 4,20 EUR/per document.
Payments are accepted in cash at the point of receipt in the 1st floor of the the secretariat of the Latvian Medical Association or can be transferred to the LMA bank account:
Latvijas Ārstu biedrība
Reģ. Nr. 40008000051
Skolas ielā 3, Rīga, LV-1010
Swedbank, fil. “Esplanāde”
Account (konts): LV18HABA0551046541166
Code (kods): HABALV22
Expiration date of certificates:
LMA Certificate are only valid for a period of three months from the date of issuance. You are strongly advised to ensure when you need the certificate of current professional status and good standing and to submit your application accordingly.
Please contact us if you require any assistance or have any questions – email@example.com