The LMA also issues Certificates of good standing in case the recipient country (within the EU, EEA or outside them) requires only information on the doctor’s/dentist’s reputation.
Required documents for issuing a Certificate of current professional status and good Standing.
The following documents should be submitted:
- A filled application form;
- A copy of passport/ID card;
- A copy of a MD’s/dentist’s certificate;
- A copy of documents certifying postgraduate education (residency or internship diploma, references from the workplace on the length of service as a trainee doctor, certificates on courses attended etc.);
- A copy of a specialist’s/dentist’s/dental specialist’s certificate;
- A copy of certificate of criminal and administrative records (*valid for 3 months from the date of issue) issued by:
1) the Information Centre of the Ministry of Interior (Bruņinieku iela 72b, Riga) or
2) https://e.ic.iem.gov.lv/en/ or
3) the Latvian Diplomatic Missions abroad (embassies and consulates ).
If certificate on (non)non convictions (police report) is issued electronically with a secure electronic signature, it must be forwarded in the way it was received (as .eDoc) to firstname.lastname@example.org and it does not have to be submitted in printed form.
If statement is issued in paper form, it must be submitted on place along with other documents.
More information available here: https://www.ic.iem.gov.lv/lv/izzina-par-nesodamibu
Please be aware – that currently registration card in paper form is not requested, but you must be on the Health Inspectorate’s register. Graduates of 2022 – please follow conditions that must be done, so University can be able to register you in Health Inspectorate.
Here – https://registri.vi.gov.lv/rap please type your surname in the box Personas uzvārds: (the box Identifikators: remains blank; put a tick that you are not a robot) and make sure that you’re a included in the register. Certificate of current professional status and good standing is issued only afterwards you are included in the register.
- A copy of a document certifying the change of name or surname if any of the documents submitted was issued prior to the change;
- An original reference from the workplace on service in one’s specialty during the past 5 years if one of the education certificates is issued prior to May 1, 2004;
All originals of documents must be presented on site at Latvian Medical Association! Download application form (pdf)
Application and all documents should be kindly submitted to the secretariat of the Latvian Medical Association in Skolas iela 3 (working days from 9:00 to 17:00) or certified copies of your original documents should be sent by regular post.
All certificates are issued within two weeks after receiving the complete documents.
The LMA issues certificates in the Latvian and English (for additional fee) languages.
Payment for certificates (Certificate of current professional status and good standing):
1) Certificate for recognition of doctor’s/dentist’s professional qualifications abroad and good standing without proof of approval of their professional experience (graduated after 1st of May, 2004) – 45,67 EUR
2) Certificate for recognition of doctor’s/dentist’s professional qualifications abroad and good standing with proof of approval of their professional experience (graduated before1st of May, 2004) – 83,26 EUR
1) Certificate in English – 14,50 EUR
2) Additional copies (in English or Latvian language) – 4,20 EUR/per document.
Payments are accepted in cash at the point of receipt in the 1st floor of the the secretariat of the Latvian Medical Association or can be transferred to the LMA bank account:
Beneficiary: Latvijas Ārstu biedrība
Registration No.: 40008000051
Skolas iela 3, Rīga, LV-1010
Swedbank, fil. “Esplanāde”
Account (konts): LV27HABA0551035992836
BIC code (kods): HABALV22
Payment aim: CCPS/CGS XXXXXX (XXX-your name and surname)
Expiration date of certificates:
LMA Certificate are only valid for a period of three months from the date of issuance. You are strongly advised to ensure when you need the certificate of current professional status and good standing and to submit your application accordingly.
Please contact us if you require any assistance or have any questions – email@example.com